Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Antiques Guy Gone Wild

Happy 4th O’ July! Woo Hoo! Sorry for the false advert title.
I wanted to pop in for a bit and do a little writing, point out some changes to my blog., as well as, talk about a piece I picked up this week.
On the right I added some picture badges. These badges will feature pictures of pieces I have restored, I’m selling and some of the funky stuff around my shop. If you click on them, you can go to my flickr page and see every thing up close. The flickr page is probably the best place to see current pieces for sale as my web site doesn’t get updated to often… go figure.
Here is a great little piece for the week. It’s a sweet little Rosewood Empire Mantel clock. We will be doing the full Monty on this one. Right now I am in the process of chasing down an estimate for the clock repair. My old clock guy was a retired guy, that now has really retired.
It so funny how many of my sub contractors are retired folk that have found pleasure in odd furniture repair stuff. Bill P. the caner/rusher, Mr. Lynch the clock fixer and Mr. Lee the veneer repair/Carver-guy. Its really a cast of characters around the shop, not to mention the random folks that drop by to chew the fat. I really dig all the great old random stories.
So here are a few pictures of the clock to be restored. It should be a relatively easy job. All it needs is a minor veneer repair and then refinishing. Hopefully the clock isn’t to far gone and can be repaired.
On that last note, “The Cast Characters”, I was at a customers the other day, the custies were both telling me how I need my own antique restoration show. They said, they thought I would be perfect so please tell anyone you know the produces at the discovery channel or on one of those home improvement channels. It would be great to harass Martha Stewart every now & again. Come on, a 37 year old tattooed antique guy… It would be perfect. I even come with my own natural eccentricities. I don’t have to make anything up. I’ve even heard it’s pretty entertaining to watch me reprimand my poor little helper. So have your people contact my people, well I don’t have people, so contact me.
Happy 4th,
Chairman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice CLock ! How long will it take to complete ? The picture on your flickr site are wonderful !

The Chairman said...

It took about 6 weeks to do everything between case
restoration and clock reoair.