Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You get what you need ..

You get what you need, not what you want & thank god you don't get what you deserve.. This old guy Brooklyn Joe always said that to me.

Quick & to the point, Words to live by? Maybe. Something to think about? Definitely.
So why write about it?
Well, post-Christmas is always a bit slow in my shop. Folks not ready to pull the trigger on that job or still in a haze from holiday spending who knows.
So, money was a little tight a week or so ago. I was having that cash talk with my bride to be. Always a great conversation, leads into so many of my positive short comings. Well in an attempt to defuse a potential in-depth discussion about my short comings, I looked at her & I said, “I know what I'll do, I'll say my little prayer to baby Hey-Zeus”.
So I looked at her & said, “ Baby Hey-Zeus could I get some chairs to re-glue? Just a couple, Just what I need !” She laughed & I narrowly avoided talking about myself. Perfect!

So what does this have to do with anything you ask? Let alone the first sentence I wrote. Well the last line in my joke prayer. "Just what I need" that was the deal. I went into the shop that day & guess what happened? The phone rang that morning & it hasn't stopped.. I have officially picked up 18 chairs since last Tuesday & have 6 more on deck for next week. In fact, I got a call for 11 of them that day.

Don't get me wrong I am not all religious, well I do drink coffee every morning, but that was wacky. It is something that has always happened to me, I have always gotten what I needed. I think we all get what we need, some just don't see it. It's not really what you deserve or want, it’s all what we need. He also said "kid everything happens for a reason" .
~Chairman

No comments: